1. Data controller for your personal data
Contact information for the data controller:
Gaustadalléen 21, 0349 Oslo
Contact: +47 2251 98 90
2. The information Smartfish collects from you
When you make a purchase, Smartfish will collect and process certain information about you. The type of information Smartfish collects can be sorted into the following categories:
1. Personal information; i.e. information that can be used to identify an individual person, including name and surname, age, sex, date of birth, title/position, credit card information or other financial information, home address or other address, email address, phone number and other contact information, log of activity on user profile and advertising.
3. Your IP address and other information about your computer; Smartfish may collect and store your IP address (the number that identifies your computer on the internet) and other information about your computer for system administration purposes (e.g. to calculate how many users that has accessed and used the Website). The IP address will only be stored for the duration of the visit on the Website and will thereafter be either deleted or anonymized.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. This allows the site to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display settings) over a period of time so you do not have to do everything again when you return to the site.
How are we using cookies?
We collect statistics about how our site is used to make it even better. Google Analytics can set the following cookies:
To keep track of items in the shopping cart. WooCommerce uses the following three cookies:
We collect user data about how our site is used to make it even better. One of the most common is:
To get our video content from YouTube and use it on our pages.
Used to store data for our tables.
Stripe is used for online purchases.
These cookies are set by Facebook. We use this service to show you have “liked” our website on the Facebook social network.
Used to optimize the best suited content for you.
How can you control the Cookies?
In order to detect and delete cookies, you can change the settings in your browser. The “Help” function of your browser can help you configure your browser to prevent cookies or delete existing cookies. You can also learn how to block all new cookies on your browser and which configuration steps are required to receive a notification about new cookies. However, please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, your access to certain functionality on the Website may be restricted.
4. Where is your personal data collected?
Personal data is collected through your use of the Website, from the order form you complete when you make a purchase on the Website, or from the information you provide to Smartfish in connection with purchases on relevant platforms or other requests to Smartfish.
5. How Smartfish use your personal data
Smartfish will use the personal data you provide to us or that Smartfish collects through your use of the Website for the following purposes:
1. to fulfil an agreement with you, i.e. your purchase of products;
2. to enable you to make a purchase directly from the Website;
3. to improve our products and services, the content of the Website and other relevant platforms, for example by collecting and processing data for internal statistical purposes, administration and marketing of Smartfish. This includes identifying general utility models to enable Smartfish to improve its services and the Website;
4. to respond to your questions and inquiries;
5. to provide you with information of new and other products and services offered by Smartfish;
8. to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
6. Consent and other legal basis' for processing of personal data
In order to process your personal data, Smartfish requires your consent or other legal basis. Consent can be given upon request from Smartfish, or by voluntarily giving Smartfish the information through the Website or other relevant platforms for Smartfish.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to Smartfish, or by deleting your profile on the Website (see section 10). Note that certain services provided through the Website, such as making a purchase, is dependent on the processing of certain information regarding the customer, and that a withdrawal of consent may involve that the user will not be able to buy products through the Website.
Other legal basis for processing can be such processing of personal data that is necessary for Smartfish to comply with all applicable rules and regulations to which Smartfish is subject, e.g. statutory rules related to storage for accounting purposes.
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary for fulfilling the purposes of the processing, and your personal data will automatically be deleted after 3 years from last purchase of Smartfish products.
7. Disclosure to third parties
Smartfish may disclose your personal data to suppliers and sub-suppliers who perform services for Smartfish, to enable Smartfish to provide you with products and services. (Smartfish may for example make use of suppliers for hosting of the Website, to facilitate contact with customers via email or SMS, payments systems etc.) Suppliers and sub-suppliers may only use your personal data for the purposes the data was collected for, and to perform its assignments. Any such disclosing of personal data to suppliers and sub-suppliers will be governed by, and done in accordance with, a data processor agreement.
8. Protection of your data
Smartfish takes the privacy rights of our users seriously and have taken reasonable steps to protect the user’s privacy, including physical, technical and organisational measures, to prevent loss, alterations, theft and unauthorized access to information stored and otherwise processed by Smartfish.
9. Links to third party websites
10. Your rights
You have the right to require access to the personal data Smartfish has collected about you. If you have registered a customer profile on the Website, you can easily log into your profile on the Website and correct errors in the personal data that is stored there, or delete your customer profile.
You have the right to demand your personal data deleted at any time. Upon such an inquiry, all your personal data will be deleted, unless statutory obligations or legitimate interests require continued storage. Anonymized information, i.e. information that cannot be linked to you, may be subject to continued storage.
If you want to exercise your right to:
1. get information about what personal data Smartfish has registered on you;
2. change or update the stored data and correct any errors in that data;
3. request that unnecessary data is erased;
4. stop receiving emails from us, such as newsletters and similar;
5. withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, use or disclosure of your personal data to third parties;
6. request information about your right to data portability, i.e. your right to obtain, reuse and transfer personal data provided to Smartfish to another IT environment;
you should contact Smartfish via the contact information stipulated above in section 1.
If you believe that our processing of your personal data infringes relevant data protection regulations, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, or other relevant supervisory authority. In Norway, this is Datatilsynet.